Our Church History
The New Vision Christian Center began in the form of cottage prayer meetings in the home of Byron and Lillian Trosper in 1948. The small congregation then rented a store building on Grandview Road in which to worship. The congregation was set in order as a Southern Missouri Distict Council (AG) church in March, 1951. In June, 1951, they purchased the former 1st Baptist Church building at the corner of Main and Grandview Road.
Property was purchased at today's location in 1958 and the first unit, our present chapel, was dedicated in 1959. The original Truman Farm Home property is across the street from this site. President Harry S. Truman, who sold the property to the church at a greatly reduced price, attended the dedication. Wings were added to the first unit in 1971. Additional acreage was purchased bringing the total to 7 1/2 acres. The new sanctuary was built in 1978. Another 1.4 acres was purchased in 1985 at the corner of Grandview Road and Blue Ridge. The old filling station/fruit stand/boat sales building on that property was remodeled into a multi purpose building and Christian School. In 1999, construction for a new Family Life Center/gym broke ground on the main property behind the church. In 2002, construction started, adding a two story Christian Education Building to the Family Life Center. With the completion of the construction, the corner lot/building was sold in January 2006.
Over the years New Vision Christian Center has been led by many outstanding pastors. A partial list includes the Rev. Harmon L. McFarland (Served: 1950-52); the Rev. Charles L. Quinn (Served:1953-56), the Rev. Dwayne Friend (Served: 1956-58), the Rev. Cecil Welch (Served: 1958-60), the Rev. Burrell White (Served: 1960-68), the Rev. Robert L. "Bob" Johnson (Served: 1968-2007) followed by the Rev. Todd Matchett. Our current pastors are the Rev. David E. and Jerri Satterfield.
The church was originally founded and has remained a member in good standing with the AG General Council (USA) in Springfield, MO. Our fellowship has grown to more than 69 million adherents world-wide making it the largest Pentecostal/Charismatic, Spirit-filled community of believers in the world. New Vision Christian Center fully participates in its denomination's many world-wide outreaches: Missions, Boys and Girls Missionary Challenge, Convoy of Hope, Mpact Girls Clubs, Royal Rangers, Teen Challenge, Youth Alive and Chi Alpha ministires to name just a few. In February 2017, facing a new century and new challenges, the church voted to change its name to New Vision Christian Center.
New Vision Christian Center
12400 Grandview Rd
Grandview, MO 64030
Phone: (816) 966.1033
9:00 a.m. - Sunday School
10:15 a.m. - Morning Worship and Children's Church
7:00 p.m. - Adult Bible Study, Student and Children's Service.
Help us spread the word about New Vision Christian Center!